Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Graduation is near

I find myself here in the Student Union on campus trying to figure out if I really have anything forward to look at after I graduate. However, I have been unable to really pinpoint anything. This is what I was not expecting almost 5 years ago when I graduated from high school. Is this a sign that maybe I wasted 5 years of my life? But now as I write this positing I realize that I'm actually in a better situation than I was almost 5 years ago. One of my best friends in high school decided to cut me out of his life, finally branched out on campus and got to get back in the game of being vulnerable with meeting new people, experienced what love was, and really learned what hard work is. I love that I may have no direction. Yes, I realize that sounds like I have no ambition, and if you think I don't, you may be right. Yet, I find myself chershing the opportunity that I finally get to escape from academia and enter into a new world where I could really experience what is out there. As much as I hate change, I'm excited about what awaits and what new direction I will take, if any.

I guess a big reason why I'm writing this post after almost two years is because I'm bored as hell right now, procrastinating on a paper, and trying to get what will happen tomorrow out of my mind. Whatever happens when I get out of here, happens; there are no excuses for how I may fail, but if anything, I feel entirely lucky to have a shot to fail and enjoy what the world can teach me. However, time can still slow down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment