Monday, October 19, 2009

Surviving The Daily Grind

This past week I have been thinking about my future. I guess I have come to the realization that my undergrad will be done in just over the next year. I find it hard to imagine that this time spent in college has passed by so fast, and the baleful part that remains involves the upsetting job market that awaits. However, with this ever shrinking job market, I find it easy to fathom that I will be unable to find the job I want after I graduate. Still, I have come to the conclusion that no matter what job I land out of school, it will still be an irreproachable job, as it will come down to what I make out of the situation. During my time working in retail, I have come to be humbled by the fact that this job does matter, and that if I cannot handle this job, then I will not be able to handle anything that life throws my way.

So, as this job market continues to get worse, just remember that whatever job that is available, it is up to making the best out of every job situation. I know that it is easy to state this on my blog, but it all comes down to embracing the times of our struggle and making the best of it, since the climb up the mountain top will only remain steep in the future. There is a reason why all of my fellow classmates have made it this far in life, as they have persevered to handle the daily grind that has come their way. I know that in the coming years, life will only be more difficult, but it is important to remember that with the right mindset and work ethic that things will change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment