Monday, November 23, 2009

I Want to Hibernate

Sleeping is one of the best activities to partake in. The reasons behind this statement are unadorned. First of all, sleeping is free. Second of all, sleeping is quintessential, since no one is around to bother me. I am an extremely deep sleeper. I can sleep through anything. Even my alarm clock does not always do the trick to wake me up, as this has caused myself to show up late to many classes and shifts at work throughout my life.

I find it funny when a selected group of people are in a constant quest for material possessions, I instead find myself working for the opportunity to sleep and relax in the comfort of my own home. Nothing is sweeter than being at home on my recliner, couch, or floor, sleeping. It is true, that the best things in life are free. Sleeping is near the top of this list, as being one of the top free things that any one person could attend to.

Due to my now "semi-busy" schedule, I find myself searching for the chance to relax in the confines of my own home. All I know is that I'm extremely excited that Thanksgiving break is near. I will have the chance to finally relax in my house, and sleep for more than four hours. Turkey and pies may be something to celebrate, but nothing is sweeter than the feeling of a nice, calming sleeping session, where the stresses of school and work remain at bay.

Since I mentioned Thanksgiving, I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and to acknowledge the things that I'm thankful for. In this case, I'm thankful for my family and friends, having the opportunity to be going to college, my job and internship, and having the chance of making the world a better place with the gift of life. I may not have the life I want, but I still remain grateful for the life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment