Thursday, November 26, 2009

I didn't follow through

On my blog entry last week, I made a point that I would write two blog entries per week and would start to edit my older blogs. However, I did not follow through on this. I really have no excuse. I believe that the "reason" for this involves my high level of laziness. I was just way too lazy to take a few minutes and write in my blog. I'm not looking to make an excuse, but just to express this high level of disappointment with myself.

This feeling of unremitting disappointment has continued over the past two weeks. I'm still doing major term papers the night before, and now I'm doing the wrong homework assignments. This would have been somewhat understandable if I were a freshman, but now that I'm in my fourth year, this is now abhorrent.

I thought by this time in my life, I would not be pulling these petty all-nighter's for my term papers. Pulling all- nighter's for exams is a different situation, but since I was aware of these papers being due months ago, it makes it even worse.

The reality is that if my grades stay on track, I will be graduating soon. These type of mistakes and irresponsible actions will not be acceptable once I start a career of some sort, and even now these actions are not acceptable.

However, on the brighter side of life, it is Thanksgiving. Despite my shortcomings, I still feel thankful for everything. I'm thankful for the support of my family and friends. I remain thankful for still having a job, and I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to help people when I work at my internship. I know that times are tough and life only seems to be getting tougher, but I still remain grateful for the chance to participate in what life has to offer. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and more importantly to get plenty of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment