Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trying to Find the Words

I hate this. I'm in a constant state of writer's block. I have no rhythm in my writing anymore. My grammar and punctuation placement has become worse this semester, despite the significant strides that were made in my writing last semester. I wish I knew what I could do to help break this quandary on my writing, but nothing has worked. I tried to just type out random statements on essay's, but this has not worked. I have tried listening to some favorable music to help myself get in the rhythm of writing, as this method did not work.

I feel and know that I can write, but the constant amount of mistakes that I continue to make is truly unforgivable. After surviving Professor Quill's class last semester, I believed that my writing had reached a new level that was untouchable, but this has turned out to be false. The reasons why this has become a false belief, involves what happened in class last week. The activity involved the entire class and the faulty sentences from everyone's blogs, which as a class we were required to correct. Let's just say that I had more than one entry in this activity. This went as far to include two of my own faulty sentences, which were listed right next to each other. I was constantly shaking my head in embarrassment, as I continued to identify my lackluster sentences. I really had thought by this time in my college career that I could write, but this once positive mindset about my writing has now greatly deteriorated. The fact is I have no excuse for my macabre writing efforts. There is still much work to be done, before I can even consider my writing to be up to the level that it was up to last year.

I love writing and all of the positive opportunities that it provides to express my ideas, concerns, and anything else on my mind. I vow that for the rest of the semester that I will edit my older posts, and will contribute more blog entries, so that I can continue to develop my writing. I'm thankful that my Professor sent me this wake up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment